Health and Safety Specialist
Terms of Employment: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and occasional on call
Position Location: Edmonton Office
Supervision Received: Chief Operating Officer/President
Salary: To be negotiated
Commitment: Two years required
Posting Date: April 30, 2018
Closing Date: Open - until suitable candidate is found
Terms of Employment:
This position is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and continuous monitoring of health and safety procedures for clients and employes to ensure compliance with agency policies and procedures, current legislation, industry standards and Certificate of Recognition.
- Assisting with agency policy development
- Directing WCB clams management and modified work duties for employees as required as well as incident reporting and workplace investigations.
- Maintain acceptable standards and procedures for risk management including identification, mitigation and ongoing evaluation of risks
- Promoting work place health and safety in all offices and sites of the agency and provide training to clients and employees as appropriate.
- To establish and facilitate employee Health and Safety Committees.
- Becoming familiar with and able to use computers programs designed for I.C.E. for tracking client employee and service delivery information
- Other duties as required.
Please apply with cover letter and resume to:
- Formal Education
- Post Secondary education in Occupational Health / Saftey or related field
- Certification in incident investigation, hazard assessment and internal audior training
- Experience working in occupational health and safety field
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of government regulations as it pretains to Occupation Health and Safety
- Ability to handle stressful situations proactively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 780-452-4889. No phone calls please.
Back to Edmonton Employment Opportunities