Careers & Training: Pre-Employment Training
Pre-employment Training: (Mandatory 4-day intensive
All individuals are required to complete this training prior to being
considered for employment with the agency.
This training provides employees with an overview of the organizations
mission, standards, policies & procedures. Other areas discussed
include but are not limited to:
- Documentation – time sheets, general and critical
incidents reports & appropriate language, contact notes,
- Medication Administration – agency’s policies
& procedures for administering medications. Successful completion of
our examination is required to continue. Medication
- Health & Safety – discussion on health and safety
concerns applicable to this industry, the Health & Safety Act, and a
short section on WHIMIS & Material Safety Data
- Abuse Prevention – Course identifies methods for
preventing abuse; focuses on community inclusion and building natural
supports within the community.
- Lab – All employees will receive training on the
appropriate way to do lifting & transferring as well as special
considerations in providing personal care. A certified Registered Nurse
provides this training.
- Proactive Behavior Intervention (PBI) - In addition to the
Mandatory 4 day training, all support staff are required to take PBI. PBI
is a one day course that teaches support staff intervention techniques to
employ in situations where there is potentially aggressive behavior. This
course is offered on Thursdays during the week of Pre Employment Training
except on weeks when there is a Statutory Holiday when it will not be
offered. All Support Staff are required to complete the PBI workshop
within their first 3 months of employment.
* All the above requirements must be fulfilled to obtain employee status
with Independent Counselling Enterprises.
Back to main